Thursday, February 23, 2012

Life is About Lessons

Somebody once asked me this very question: "if you could go back in time what would you change, and how and/or what would you change"?. After thinking this over for a few minutes I replied "nothing". There are many reasons that I responded this way. For one, you change one thing everything changes. Life is about lessons, and if I changed anything in the past, would I have learned a lesson? For example, I thought I was going to marry the man I dated for 6 years. Had we gotten married and/or never broke up I would not be married to my "soul mate" and love of my life and best friend. 

Lessons. Life is about lessons. I truly believe that things happen for a reason. You might not know that reason, but eventually later in life you will come to understand it. If you make changes in the past, especially things that had bad outcomes or incidents, how are you going to learn from them.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. So next time you think "could anything else be shittier than this"? Just say to yourself, "lesson". Also, look back on your past, and instead of "asking yourself what would or could you change", ask yourself "why you would not of changed it". It feels so much better, and it relieves dwelling on what has gone wrong in your life!


Betty

No comments: